Top of Form
Ready to sign up? Yes?
Just pick the appropriate category from the dropdown list…!
(Students and Clergy…see below!)
Need more info…?
Whether you work in the healthcare field or not, medical issues affect all of our lives. We live in challenging times and the FLG is committed to fostering a strong community in the Rochester diocese to support all who are interested in Catholic teaching on medicine and bioethics.
If you would like to help us in this mission, please consider becoming a member! The FLG provides valuable services to our local community including:
- Presentations on important medical and bioethics topics (e.g., abortion, physician assisted suicide)
- Journal club meetings for a closer look at the literature
- Annual White Mass
- Catholics @ URMC
- Topics of more general interest like the Shroud of Turin
- General information and advocacy regarding important issues locally as well as at the state and national levels (e.g., Reproductive Health Act, Surrogacy in NYS)
Membership benefits include
- Annual summer soiree
- Semi-annual members’ Adoration and Board meeting
- Eligible to apply for FLG sponsorship of events you plan
- Opportunity to serve as a mentor to students and young practicing clincians
- Supporting your local Catholic healthcare professionals!
Students and Clergy
Membership is free for students (undergraduate, medical, and graduate) and clergy! If you fall into one of these categories please use our Contact page or email us at FLMedGuild@stbernards.edu