We are excited to invite you to join us for annual…
October 28, 2023 at St. John Fisher University
Registration and check-in will open at 1:30pm, preregister here
This year we are inviting two dynamic and informative speakers
- Cynthia Jones-Nosacek, MD – The Harms of Removing Conscience from Medicine
- Mike Aquilina – The Healing Imperative: How the Church Invented the Hospital
Bishop Matano will celebrate Holy Mass at 4:30pm at St. John Fisher University in the Hermance Family Chapel of St. Basil the Great
Finger Lakes Guild
We fulfill our mission by:
- Upholding the principals of the Catholic faith in the science and practice of medicine.
- Assisting the Church in the work of communicating Catholic medical ethics to the medical profession and society at large.
- Supporting Catholic hospitals and health care institutions to faithfully apply Catholic moral principals in health care delivery.
- Providing Catholic health care providers the opportunity to become better acquainted, and to work together with deeper mutual support and understanding.
Angela Kristan, MD, President
Bryan Stanistreet, MD, Vice President
Alison L. O’Brien, DO, Treasurer
Jean Baric-Parker, D. Bioethics
Thomas Carroll, MD, PhD, Immediate Past President
Michael Martin, M.D.
Philip F. Murphy, M.D.
Anne Olek, RN, MSN, FNP-BC
Fernando Ontiveros-Llamas, Ph.D.
Elissa Sanchez-Speach, M.D.
Richard J. Seeger, M.D.
Ex officio Board Members
Stephen J. Loughlin, Ph.D. – President / Professor of Philosophy, St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry
The Finger Lakes Guild of the Catholic Medical Association was incorporated in autumn 2012.
The Finger Lakes Guild is designated a tax-exempt organization through its affiliation with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, New York.