* May 5, 2018 Conference *
Catholic Perspectives on Modern Day Health Care
– Listen to the Wesley Smith interview from the Station of the Cross (27 minutes)
– View the Catholic Courier article about the conference.
– Click the play button below to hear the Station of the Cross audio message.
The Finger Lakes Guild of the Catholic Medical Association was incorporated in autumn 2012.
Richard J. Seeger, M.D., president
Michael Martin, M.D., treasurer
Anne Olek, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, secretary
Fr. Bob Ring, Chaplain
Dr. Thomas Carroll, M.D., Ph.D.
Karen Dalton, M.D.
Angela Maupin, M.D.
Sue Moncynski, R.N.
Philip F. Murphy, M.D.
Jean Baric Parker, D. Bioethics
Elissa Sanchez-Speach, M.D.
Bryan Stanistreet, M.D.
We come together as health care providers practicing throughout the 12 counties of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. As a chartered guild of the Catholic Medical Association of the United States, we seek to grow in the spirit of Christ in our professional lives; to bring His Spirit to all that is touched by our science and art; and to assist the Holy See, our diocesan bishop, and the whole Christian community with leadership, especially with the particular knowledge, skill, and experience we have as health care providers.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Upholding the principals of the Catholic faith in the science and practice of medicine.
- Assisting the Church in the work of communicating Catholic medical ethics to the medical profession and society at large.
- Supporting Catholic hospitals and health care institutions to faithfully apply Catholic moral principals in health care delivery.
- Providing Catholic health care providers the opportunity to become better acquainted, and to work together with deeper mutual support and understanding.
The Finger Lakes Guild is designated a tax exempt organization through its affiliation with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, New York.